Which Throttle Stop?

10 replies to this topic
  • craig57

Posted May 29, 2001 - 10:59 AM

I got a lot of help from everyone on making modifications to my 2001 WR426, Thanks. But I was told that I could put the YZ426 Throttle stop in place of mine...What Year YZ 426? The part number given was for a 2000 YZ , will that worrk in my 2001 WR?

Thanks Craig

• Hick

Posted May 29, 2001 - 05:19 PM

I haven't tried this personally (yet), but I can think of no reason why it would not work. I had hell getting this part, I guess it was idiot day at the three Yamaha places I called. Went home and looked at my parts book and...

...yep, must've been idiot day. Thing jumped right off the page at me:

5JG-14591-00-00
$10.76 from Montclair (no idiot day discount)

Anyway I’ve got it now, so that is the correct #. It is 23mm long, including the head, you can save the eleven dollars by cutting the one that came in your WR to that length. There are no threads where you will be cutting, so it is a simple job and a sloppy cut will do.

• markerf

Posted June 04, 2001 - 07:22 PM

Why cut it why you can just remove it?

• Rick_Graham

Posted June 05, 2001 - 03:10 AM

Originally posted by markerf:
Why cut it why you can just remove it?

Why not fill the hole so dirt can't get in there? It's not a good idea to introduce dirt to any internal areas of your bike.

• TheBOS

Posted June 05, 2001 - 04:14 AM

There are a lot of different arguments as to whether to cut it, replace it, or remove it. Some say leave it in to plug the hole, others say with it removed it confuses the TPS. On my wr250f I just went the safe route, spent the 12$ and replaced it with the yz throttle stop. It works fine.

I had a bitch of a time getting the right part # too, I finally had to look at the fiche and figure it out myself.
-Brett

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 06:41 AM

On the 99 fiche at the dealer, it showed the throttle stop, but had NO part number for it. To get it from Yamaha, the guy said I had to pay the $850 for the entire carb.

I think the mark up on the throttle stop is something like $849.99!

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 05, 2001 - 11:58 AM

So do all the dealers carry this part or can someone post a web for a supplier.
Dennis

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 12:34 PM

Den,
What we need is our fellow TT's on the YZ side to be gracious enough to measure how far their throotle stops stick out and share those #'s with the rest of us.

I have asked in the past and had zero responses.

• Hick

Posted June 05, 2001 - 02:39 PM

I had a hard time getting this part too. It isn’t the fiche, it is just that parts guys aren’t too bright, which is why they are parts guys.

ref # 57
5JG-14591-00-00

$10.55 is what I paid.
it is 23 mm long with the head

My apologies to the bandwidth Gods for posting this info. multiple times, and to the search engine Gods for not including appropriate words.

parts counter idiots
throttle stop
slow WRs

:)

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 06-05-2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 05, 2001 - 03:10 PM

Hick,
What year bike is this stop for?

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 05, 2001 - 03:20 PM

Kevin,
I seen your post. Good job dude. Hopefully somebody will bite.
Hick,
Where in the heck is Montclair? Who are they?
Thanks,
Dennis :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.