Help required, WR400/ YZ400 differences?

3 replies to this topic
  • Wasted

Posted May 28, 2004 - 09:52 AM

Hi guys :awww:,

I'm new to the site after registering yesterday and I am after some newbie help, please. I am looking at a WR400 tommorow. The one thing thats bugging me is that I dont know the main visual differences between the WR and YZ? I know the WR is the more road going version and geared differently and what I want but I have heard of people buying YZ's under the impression that they are WR's. Is there any obvious pointers to look for? :thumbsup:

Cheers,

And.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 28, 2004 - 10:33 AM

A WR has a headlight, taillight, a light switch on the handlebars, and a coolant overflow container. The coolant container is on the left side behind the rear side panel. It also has a kickstand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted May 28, 2004 - 10:49 AM

The WR is also heavier, has an 18" rear wheel, wide ratio gear box,different timing and a spark arrestor. You can change the timing to YZ if you want to by rotating the cam, it's one of the free mods. I think the WR also had a more choked up carb as well.

• Wasted

Posted May 29, 2004 - 10:07 AM

Cheers Guys,

I got it today and it looks the dogs :thumbsup: It now has pride of place next to my R1 :awww:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.