Bike Tool Kit Essentials?

6 replies to this topic
  • law_boy

Posted May 28, 2004 - 05:59 AM

I need help putting together my fender bag tool kits, etc. What should I carry and where should I carry it? I like long distance trail riding. Got a flat last weekend and figured I at least need a tube and a tire iron. How do you inflate the tire once you've replaced the tube? Anyhow, any expert advice would be appreciated.

• xteamrider

Posted May 28, 2004 - 06:22 AM

How do you inflate the tire once you've replaced the tube?

Just get some compressed air. I got a kit at the local shop that has everything you need, patches, air, and what not. I bring the kit (with compressed air for two tires) and two tire irons with me just in case.

• FTD

Posted May 28, 2004 - 06:44 AM

http://www.thumperta...rue#Post1089300
Hoss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gloft

Posted May 28, 2004 - 08:38 AM

Check out this site. They specialize in off-road tool kits. I do a lot of exploring and long rides and have one of their Stage III kits. Contains everything needed including tire tools, C02 inflation, tube patches, etc. plus a complete set of tools, a cool flashlight and survival lighter and a great fender bag :thumbsup:

http://www.blueridge...g.com/index.htm

• ddialogue

Posted May 28, 2004 - 09:07 AM

Let's see. 03 WR450... :thumbsup: :lol:
...a flywheel puller and spare woodruff keys! :awww: :lol:

(seriously though, I pack one and two spare woodruff keys.)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 28, 2004 - 10:51 AM

Check out this post on the same subject

• law_boy

Posted June 08, 2004 - 11:33 AM

Thanks everybody. Sorry for the repetition. That thread answers my questions.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.