Moving to Colorado

13 replies to this topic
  • 426_Pilot

Posted May 28, 2004 - 02:44 AM

I have a '01 426 (stock motor) and am moving to the Denver area in a month or so from Texas. I've been doing some surfing for riding places etc. and am stoked about the riding areas (especially) Valley Dirt Riders on I-25. What I'm most concerned about is getting my bike jetted correctly.

Any advice regarding jetting and riding in CO would be greatly appreciated.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 28, 2004 - 02:52 AM

MOAB, UTAH!!

It IS like riding on the moon!!!!!!!!!

• Merfman

Posted May 28, 2004 - 05:30 AM

Let me double-check what I have and get back to you. I have the same bike. I seem to remember I have a 165M3C45P Plan on buying some kind of stabilized gas during the winter if you ride. The Oxy fuel will cause this bike to foul plugs like a ratted out Ossa. I usually buy race gas during the winter.

Riding places in Colorado? There are none. :thumbsup:

MX tracks in the area: Watkins, Berthoud, Lakewood, Aztec, Wild Rat, Erie
Offroad: Rampart, Woodland Park, Left Hand Cyn, Taylor Park, Walden, Steamboat.

It sucks here.

Merf

• RM250BS

Posted May 28, 2004 - 09:30 AM

I am moving to Denver in a month or so too!

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 29, 2004 - 02:59 AM

Merfman,

I'll be very interested in your setup. I guess riding areas are relative. You say it sucks, but you listed severral tracks and areas. Please explain to me what sucks.

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 29, 2004 - 03:00 AM

Where are you going to be living and what are your riding habits?

• endurodog

Posted May 29, 2004 - 01:36 PM

Please explain to me what sucks

I smell some sarcasim from Merf.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MAD_POTTER

Posted May 30, 2004 - 12:53 PM

Yes, we like to tell people that are thinking of moving here that it snows all winter long and never gets above freezing for 4 months. In the summer there are tornadoes and hail the size of baseballs. :thumbsup:
KC

• Merfman

Posted May 30, 2004 - 01:23 PM

Yes, we like to tell people that are thinkimg of moving here that it snows all winter long and never gets above freezing for 4 months. In the summer there are tornadoes and hail the size of baseballs. :awww:
KC

:thumbsup:

Sorry, sarcasm is kinda hard to emote... sorry for the ruse.

I checked my jetting and it's a 158 main, 40 pilot and 3rd clip, stock needle for 6K', stock pipe, stock silencer with PMB SA The bike runs spot-on. You'll have to tweak the FS as needed for low-end snap, but I've had excellent luck with this jetting.

Merf

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 30, 2004 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll make note of it. I will be out there at the end of June and riding is the highest of my priorities.

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 30, 2004 - 02:05 PM

Mad_Potter,

I see you have the same bike. I'd like to know your jetting as well; especially since you've done the BK/GB mod which I haven't done but would like to. Perhaps I could pick your brain a little once I get out there.

• MAD_POTTER

Posted May 31, 2004 - 10:39 AM

Perhaps I could pick your brain a little once I get out there.

Absolutely! I don't remember my jetting but I think it's 160 main, 42 pilot, everything else is stock. I also did the homemade Power Now. With the BK mod and Power Now I have a lot more low end pull.
Let me know when you get here!
KC

• 426_Pilot

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:47 AM

OK, I'll be rolling into town tonight (6-22) and bike will follow in about a week. My first priority is to jet the bike and get to the track. I was hoping to ride on the 27th at VDR, but the machine won't be there yet. Are any of you racing there that day? If I can make it out to watch I'll look you up. Also, I may go out there on Thurs. to look around; I know they're having a practice there that night.

• MAD_POTTER

Posted June 22, 2004 - 06:41 PM

VDR is having a race on the 27th. I might be at Lakewood on Sunday but I'm moving this week and don't know for sure yet.
KC

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.