Please help..engine runs poorly with wr stator installed on my yz

10 replies to this topic
  • 426steve

Posted May 27, 2004 - 08:42 PM

Just installed a trick dual sport kit and a wr stator on my 2000yz426 and now it runs poorly, misses and cuts out. wont idle smoothly. bought the stator on ebay and it turns out it had the wiring mods done as per the electrex website.do I need a wr cdi box? I reinstalled my stock stator and flywheel and it runs normal.any comments or help greatly appreciated.

• Scott_321

Posted May 30, 2004 - 01:09 AM

Have you checked out the stator with a meter and verified it's good?

• 426steve

Posted May 30, 2004 - 04:58 PM

Yes we checked the stator with a dvom and all readings were within yamaha servce manual specs. when out of the bike and on the bench

• benny_d

Posted June 02, 2004 - 10:29 AM

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I want to get rid of the same problem I am having. I got my WR stator brand new from Electrex and am so frustrated to the point of not even wanting to ride it. I have been trying to tweak carb settings, but I don't really know which way to go.

• 426steve

Posted June 04, 2004 - 07:20 AM

no luck yet. waiting for other replies on this website

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • benny_d

Posted July 01, 2004 - 05:52 AM

Any ideas?

• 5spoke

Posted July 01, 2004 - 06:44 AM

Any ideas?

It might have something to do with the pickup coil. Check that the wires are not pinched. Check resistance as per manual in elec. section. :thumbsup:

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 01, 2004 - 07:32 AM

Put a timing light on it and see if it checks out ok

• R_Little

Posted July 01, 2004 - 08:29 AM

How much you want for the PC800?

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 01, 2004 - 10:22 AM

The Kelly Blue Book value for this bike right now is about $4450. I would take $4200 for it. This bike is in mint condition (yeah, I know, everybody says that) and has 39k miles on it. I am the original owner and have done all the maintenance on it myself. It lives in the garage. The rear tire has at least 5k miles left on it and the front tire is almost new. I recently replaced the front brake pads and it got a new battery about 2 years ago. I don't want to sell it but I need to offset some of the cost of the new FZ1. I can email you pictures if you are interested. Here's one picture I had of it that I could find here at work:
Posted Image

• slipper40

Posted October 03, 2005 - 01:54 AM

Hi i believe you will find the cdi for the wr and yz do differ, i recently tried to obtain a wr cdi from electrex and they only stocked the yz one, when i asked them if that would be ok for the wr {just to run it not for the lights} they told me it was set up for yz cdi not wr i reckon that,s your problem, i ended up getting mine rewound cheers slipper40

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.