CRF-450 check this out!!!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Ranger_426F

Posted June 11, 2002 - 06:01 PM

HEY HAD TO GET YOU TO LOOK!!!!

Got a problem for all you carborator experts. The bike "The overpowered PW-80 2002".

The problem; I had to rejet for a trip my son and I took. In the process of changing clip position and main jet, I got the damn slide stuck in the throttle body. Well after screwdriver and pulling on the throttle cable I finally got it out" With some scars". I sanded all the bumps down with 600 grit paper reassembled and low and behold the overflow DRAIN TUBE CONSTANLY FLOWS FUEL.

What gives? What could I have overlooked?

I Know this isn't a 4 stroke but he rides with me alot and I would like to fix this problem.

• YamaMoto

Posted June 11, 2002 - 06:38 PM

Sounds like the needle valve is stuck open or the floats are stuck. Did you remove the bowl? Not familiar with a PW80 but check that out if you havent already.
Matt

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted June 11, 2002 - 06:50 PM

You could have gotten dirt in the float bowl, and it could be stuck in the float valve holding it open. Take your float bowl apart and clean everything real good. Also, check the float level. If cleaning it doesn't work, you probably need a new valve. The bike is pretty new so I don't expect it to be worn out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted June 12, 2002 - 08:27 AM

Put a 671 jimmy blower on it and make it eat the fuel!

Ego is on hiatus, so I thought Id try to pick up the slack.

• Ranger_426F

Posted June 12, 2002 - 08:33 AM

Shawn

Can I get a jimmy blower for my 426?

Thanks for the info guys. I will tear it apart again I think you are right about the float being stuck it has a very cheap ass retainer pin that may have gotten bound up on reassemly.

• Zsolt67

Posted June 12, 2002 - 08:36 AM

Maybe we should get some spelling experts here instead, lol. Just kidding couldn't resist.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.