Flywheel for Motocross

1 reply to this topic
  • LopeMX

Posted June 11, 2002 - 02:18 PM

I've been using a Zip-Ty Flywheel on the MX track for a while and I like the way it works. But now I wondering if I really need it? When I raced without it (stock), I stalled in corners more than I would like to admit. I know that using a flywheel, you can brake alot harder in corners. But I'm wondering if I'm sacrificing acceleration out of the corners? I started with a 10 oz. and that worked OK, then, I removed it and turned it down on my lathe to 8 oz. and that's where I'm at NOW. I hate to remove it all together because I'm afraid I'll start stalling occasionally. Does anyone have any thoughts? Any suggestions will be appreciated. QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 11, 2002 - 05:25 PM

8 ounces will not reduce your acceleration very much. if 8 oz extra flywheel weight keeps your engine burning during a race, then thats a small price to pay to avoid the embarassment of stalling while in the lead of a moto.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.