which spark arrestor?

4 replies to this topic
  • squad56

Posted May 26, 2004 - 07:50 PM

hey everyone, i am picking up my new 2004 yz450f tommorow and im gonna try and see if the dealer will throw in a spark arrestor for me.i need one because i ride mountains and i dont want to get stopped by a ranger or anything.do you guys have any suggestions as to what kind i should get? and maybe which one will give me alot of power gains?
thanks in advance

• Vibeguy

Posted May 26, 2004 - 08:02 PM

If you don't want to spend a lot of money for a new exhaust the Pro-Moto Billet end cap is the way to go. You can run without the SA on the track and install it for woods riding. I didn't notice any power difference with the SA installed so I just leave it in all the time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted May 27, 2004 - 03:02 PM

The pro moto billet or the Dr. D are both probably about equal. I've sold both and never received complaints about either.

• 426F

Posted May 27, 2004 - 04:11 PM

Pro Moto Billet. I have the silent insert also. Power loss is neg. Works great.

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 07, 2004 - 06:45 AM

Does the DR D have the stamp on it somewhere that says it is approved for the forest?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.