Remote Choke

5 replies to this topic
  • ryder

Posted May 26, 2004 - 11:44 AM

Anyone know of a way to make a handlebar mounted choke? I have a large tank on my steed, and from riding in the early spring, she doesn't seem to want to start without the choke. I would like to mount it to the handlebars if possible. Just curious if you guys have come up with anything as I know there are quite a few that have extra large tanks on.

Later

• Squidward

Posted May 26, 2004 - 02:09 PM

Try contacting motion pro and inquiring about what you want done. It wouldn't suprise me a bit if they fixed you up perfectly.

• gomopar440

Posted May 27, 2004 - 02:01 AM

A few bikes have a handlebar or top clamp mounted choke. I know the XT225's choke attaches to the handlebar clamp under one of the bolts. Very simple to set up but I'm not sure about the carb end of it due to the different carbs? It might be something to look at though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ryder

Posted May 27, 2004 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for all the great input. I called up motion pro and they said that they could make something work, but I would have to send them the choke circuit, so I am not sure if I want to put my bike out of commission for 4-8 days.

What year XT225 are you talking about?
I looked at 2004 and 2000 fisches and couldn't find it on the triple clamp or on the handlebars.

I am going to take the choke circuit off and see how similar it is to the hot start circuit. I guess at that point I will make a desiscion at to what to do next. I am thinking about trying to possibly use the DR.D hot start system and just putting into the other spot. I don't think it will work out that slick though. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the ideas and if you have anymore I would greatly appreciate it.

Later

• gomopar440

Posted May 28, 2004 - 03:38 AM

It's the 03 in my sig line. The choke is mounted on a small sheet metal bracket tha sits on top of the left handlebar clamp under the front bolt. I guess they could have changed it for 04. Try checking the parts fiche under the carburator or control cable sections.

• ryder

Posted May 28, 2004 - 05:10 AM

Thanks,
I guess things are hardest to find when they are in plane sight. Looks similar to the motion pro hot start. I will have to look into that.

Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.