ok another fun thread - how many flat tires in one ride?

9 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted June 10, 2002 - 09:08 PM

me n my 3 buddies had 6-7 in one ride that lasted not more then 4 hours. it was on the srounding mountains of jerusalem....

• Dodger

Posted June 10, 2002 - 10:56 AM

Saturday, put on 130 rocky mountain miles, 2 front flats :) !! My bad I'm sure, but have learned a very good lesson on being prepaired....lucky for me, my buddys were!!

Off to the shop for patches and leavers.....

Dodger :D :D

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted June 10, 2002 - 11:43 AM

I have only had one flat on a ride at a time, but I have had quite a few rides on one flat. On one of my old bikes, the previous owner put slime in the tires, and I got a flat. But then you get home and fill it up to see how long it will hold, and it holds for a few weeks and yo think it is fine, but when you ride and land off a jump, it will blow the slime out of the hole and your tire will go flat. And this happens over and over. So I don't use slime.

• DethWshBkr

Posted June 10, 2002 - 01:00 PM

gal, at that point in time, I'd quit trying to fix it!! :)

I had one flat, once - Competition Park, in Calif.

Now, if you wanna talk mountain bikes, I've got you tied gal. You wanna talk street bicycles, my dad has us all beat, with 8.

• freestyle111

Posted June 10, 2002 - 11:51 PM

who cares how many flat? question is how fast can you patch or replace on trail?front tire patch under 8 min. replace with new tube under 10.rear tube les than 15min.that include fillimg tire with air

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DethWshBkr

Posted June 11, 2002 - 10:05 AM

I could do a bicycle tire in under 2 minutes, filled with air.
I can't even get my wheels OFF in 8 minutes on my motorcycle!!!

• freestyle111

Posted June 11, 2002 - 12:15 PM

i dont take wheel off to patch tube if im out on trail

• MANIAC998

Posted June 11, 2002 - 03:46 PM

Back in my Quad daze, I used to run a little race known to some as "Blackwater". If I am allowed to count that, my record is 7. By the time I was thru, I had to re-invest nearly $1000.00 into my quad to bring it back to a satisfactory condition! That is why I now run these virtually indestructable Thumpers. BIKES RULE!!!

• freestyle111

Posted June 11, 2002 - 04:03 PM

after racing blackwater on your thumper i bet you wouldnt think its was still indestructable.

• MANIAC998

Posted June 12, 2002 - 01:53 PM

I was foolish for riding/racing quads, but I never, ever, thought about racing a bike at Blackwater! Quads run on Saturday, so I got to watch those bikes on Sunday. Crazy! I can't believe how fast they can go down those rocky hills!!! Sheer Lunacy!!! Maniac

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.