Installing a N-style seat cover 03 450

1 reply to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted May 26, 2004 - 04:40 AM

I have an N-style seat cover from my old Hotwheels graphics from last year. I need to use but it's a pain in the but to install. Anyone have any tips on installing it? I was able to install my GYT seat very easily. This one's a pain in the butt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 26, 2004 - 05:06 AM

yes, put it in the oven.

I have set my old oven to 125F and heated the seat cover up.

WARNING: Be sure you are aware which heating element (UPPER: BROILER, BOTTOM: BAKE)
is energized.

My new oven (or should I say whomever buy's my house new oven) minimum setting is 185F. In this case, I started the oven but left the door slightly ajar (how can a door be a jar...???). After several minutes, I put the seat cover in, again w/ the door still cracked. I hovered over the door like a teenage boy over his drunk girlfriend, constantly checking the pliabilty (is that REALLY a word?) of the cover. When it was nice and bendable, I pulled it out, stuck it on the seat base, and stapled away.

This was NOT my seat (a friends YZ426) >> I ensured the job was done cuatiously but correctly.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.