Check out this spark plug

5 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted June 10, 2002 - 06:19 AM

I just wanted to post a note about a spark plug I found and really liked...

My Cannondale E440 calls for an NGK CR8EK. My dealer turned me on to the NGK "Ridium CR8EIX" I really like the improved performance of it, bike really smooth and power delivery was a notch better. When you compare the two plugs side by side you will see a major difference in the electrode and it overall design.

Just wanted to pass on some info. Thump on!!!

• BigDesto

Posted June 12, 2002 - 11:02 AM

how much more did it cost compared to a normal plug?

• Conan_'dale

Posted June 12, 2002 - 02:44 PM

It was like 9 bucks. The regular was like 7 bucks. Dealer may be high, proably could find them on-line somewhere...

My dealer said the 426 guys really like them so I tried one and I did notice a difference. Better over all performance... Just my opinion though..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto_madman

Posted June 12, 2002 - 03:12 PM

you guys are lucky. The race plug for my RM is about 34 bucks. :) Ill just stick with the $2.20 plug untill i find a way to get them for free.

• Fireballsocal

Posted June 12, 2002 - 03:24 PM

I've heard about similiar plugs. Those are iridium tiped right? Are the supposed to last longer? Are there any other cons?

• newmann

Posted June 13, 2002 - 01:59 PM

I hear you on the expensive plug, my son's 01 RM125 uses the same thing. However after a year and a half, a couple of mods and two top end jobs, I went ahead and bought a new one. Figured if the original plug held in there for that long with no noticeable loss in performance it would be worth it. It ended up only being around $16.00, I had been told thirty plus in the past. Helps to have a good parts guy! I wanted to frame that spark plug but I seem to have misplaced it. I used to change plugs like underwear

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.