Jetting issue with a 02 YZ 426

1 reply to this topic
  • zz3gmc

Posted May 25, 2004 - 04:54 PM

Im having some jetting problems with my 02 426. It blubbers badly just above quarter throttle. Originally I thought that it was the pilot jet so I changed it to a 40 from the stock 42 and dropped the needle one notch. I also installed a Ty Davis fuel screw. It still ran just as bad as before. The following mods were done to it: 01 YZ 250 2 stroke airbox and side panels and a FMF Q series spark arrestor. The main is still stock as is the starter jet. Any ideas?
Thanks, Rob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted May 25, 2004 - 06:11 PM

It would be the needle that affects that throttle setting. I would try to raise it up. Is everything spotless? If you went from a 42 to 40 AND dropped the needle it is probably starved for fuel. Always easy to find out. I would go back to what worked last and start over.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.