YZF throttle stop

5 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted May 24, 2004 - 08:09 PM

Is there anywhere you can buy a YZF throttle stop Yamaha Part Number 5NL-14591-00-00 :thumbsup:

• Taffy

Posted May 25, 2004 - 11:20 AM

you don't actually need a throttle stop at all. pull the WR out and go ride. i did for two years no problems.

Taffy

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 25, 2004 - 11:34 AM

Or just cut down the WR one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted May 25, 2004 - 12:01 PM

you don't actually need a throttle stop at all. pull the WR out and go ride. i did for two years no problems.

Taffy

If you just remove it you run the risk of the throttle sticking wide open. May never happen, but boy would you be sorry when it did. Just my 2C. I cut mine down, pretty easy and real cheap. You can use a file, I used a hacksaw because I don't have any cutoff wheels for my die grinder. file the sharp edges down and good to go. If you are not sure about how much to cut off I was told to cut it down so that when you hold the throttle open, screw the screw in and it should have about 1/2 to 1/4 thread left when it hits the pulley. Hope this helps,

Josh

• tp3dxf

Posted May 25, 2004 - 10:22 PM

Just go buy a YZ stop. They are cheap. Easy to install and give you what you need without having to worry about the BS. I got mine from a dealer for about ten bucks.

• vantolr

Posted May 27, 2004 - 09:04 AM

Cut the old throttle stop down and replace.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.