Jetting for Kennedy Meadows...

8 replies to this topic
  • loufish

Posted May 24, 2004 - 06:15 PM

My 02' BRP has the the uncorked jetting kit, and of course all the other uncorking mods, my question is, I usually ride desert at around the 2500-4000 ft range, but will be taking a trip up to Kennedy Meadows real soon, and am looking for any jetting recomedations. Has anybody gone up there, and knows what jetting change should be made, if any?
Thanks

• XR250rdr

Posted May 24, 2004 - 07:00 PM

You probably can get away without doing anything.

Pretty much everyone I rode with didnt touch their jetting (not counting the 2 stroke guys). I had to yank my exhast baffle to keep my XR from bogging though. You could always bring along main jets for the next few sizes smaller and adjust the pilot screw if you have any starting issues.

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted May 25, 2004 - 04:40 AM

I ride my BRP with the same low altitude settings in Kennedy Meadows, works just fine, my 2 stroke is a different story. Pig works fine though.

• heliosstudios

Posted May 25, 2004 - 06:11 AM

I might be way off here, but can't ya just adjust the mixtrue screw on the bottom of the carb for most elevation changes? Do you really need to rejet the entire thing?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR250rdr

Posted May 25, 2004 - 02:57 PM

The pilot screw only affect low throttle conditions. It would help hard starting, but not any problems in the midrange or WOT.

• bp_fire

Posted May 25, 2004 - 03:05 PM

I rode Kennedy/Troy meadows 1 1/2 years ago, my old XR650R I bought jets for the ride and never needed them. The BRP runs fine there :thumbsup:

• loufish

Posted May 25, 2004 - 06:09 PM

OK guys, sounds like I'm going as is....Now, anybody know where to get a trail map of KM? :thumbsup:

• bp_fire

Posted May 25, 2004 - 06:18 PM

ranger station has 'em

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted May 26, 2004 - 09:52 AM

You can get them from the ranger station up there. Are you going this weekend? We have a little group heading up for the holiday.............staying in Trow Meadows overflow.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.