YZ timing on a WR426

8 replies to this topic
  • wayneoXCF

Posted May 27, 2001 - 06:29 PM

I need a straight up answer here. All I want is to change up my WR's timing , so that it behaves a bit more like the YZ. I want it to rev a bit quicker, due to me riding a bit more MX this year. Do any of you guys have the step by step, or maybe a link where I can get the info? Thanks!

• Bill

Posted May 27, 2001 - 06:51 PM

Click here www.thumpertalk.com then click on the WR400 and then technical.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• wayneoXCF

Posted May 28, 2001 - 04:46 AM

Thanks Bill. Thats just what I was looking for!

• markerf

Posted June 04, 2001 - 07:30 PM

I did not see what you saw...Where did you find the answer to the question about timing?

Originally posted by wayneo426:
Thanks Bill. Thats just what I was looking for!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wayneoXCF

Posted June 05, 2001 - 02:45 AM

You need to scroll down to the middle of the page, and youll find it. Im not sure if it is the same on the 2001 WR426, though.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2001 - 01:13 PM

I noticed it was written for a "99". Is the procedure and cam setting the same for my 01?

• wayneoXCF

Posted June 07, 2001 - 03:09 PM

The 99's were not the same, so since the 2001's were, the numbers must have changed. I am having it done by my mech next week, and he will give me all the info, so as soon as I get it, I will post it.

• wrooster

Posted June 07, 2001 - 06:45 PM

i just did the timing change on my wr250f, the process is basically the same for the wr426f. in any case, look here (and the link on DRN that's referred to): http://www.thumperta...TML/000701.html
for some tips, especially the part about the saran wrap.

fundamentally if a) you know how to use a torque wrench and :) can keep track of the "c" clip bearing retainer, you got it made.

the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 10, 2001 - 01:17 PM

Do you think you can forward it to my E-mail address. I don't want to miss it because I am going to be working on my bike soon. You know, the usual like get rid of those crummy stock bars,and dump the oil. Please send to

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.