2 replies to this topic
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 08, 2002 - 03:32 PM

how often do you have to change your oil in a wet sump converted engine? also is there any performance loss from oil drag? do you have to use a better oil? where would u fill the oil? and how do you check the oil level? is a sight glass accurate enough?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lawdog

Posted June 08, 2002 - 04:17 PM

I have both of my motors converted to wet sumps, and this is what I have been told. My kits are done by Dubach racing (best kit on the market), and you fill the motor with 850cc ofoil in thru the stock mag.cover. I change my oil after every 20 minute moto, and there is no loss of power. The bike actually lost 3 pounds or so, so it should be faster. If you are a die hard racer,go for it.If you are a long trip desert racer, i wouldn't. Lawdog

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 09, 2002 - 03:34 AM

well race alot, but say i go to a friends lace for thew weekend to do some riding, for maybe 2 days. u think i could change my oil the day before, then ride 2 days on it?

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.