Rotors

6 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted May 24, 2004 - 05:48 AM

I was riding the pig last week and noticed a horrid noise. Almost like I ran over a pig...Ironic. SO i checked on my pads and they were worn to hell. Yeah my mistake. However, my rotor now has a lip on it and I priced one from Honda at $161.59 :thumbsup: Anyone know of any aftermarket co's that make a REAR for the 650r? Everyone seems to make a front but no rear. Furthermore, should i replace it? The lip is pretty evident. Thanks in advance! Any preference on pads while we're at it?

• jlpskydive

Posted May 24, 2004 - 07:27 AM

50 bucks for front or rear @ rockymountainmc.com :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted May 24, 2004 - 09:44 AM

Pads or rotors?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ODSC1

Posted May 25, 2004 - 04:38 PM

I bought a wave type rear rotor from Rad Mfg . I believe they are $99.

Before replacing the stock rotor use a micrometer and check the thickness. If it's below spec replace it. The lip on the rotor won't have any affect, it's just a sign that you are using the brakes. You could file it off if it really bothered you. New pads will conform to the irregularities in the rotor as they break-in. Some pads will wear rotors faster than others.

Brian

• BWB63

Posted May 25, 2004 - 05:39 PM

http://www.rockymoun...?sid=0004228147
I also bought my rotors (Titax at $50 front and $50 back) and pads $20 each here :awww: There fast and good prices. Always look real good at what your buying. I have bought front, thinking I was buying back and so on. :thumbsup:

• irondude

Posted May 25, 2004 - 08:28 PM

just a thought, i dont like the feel of the sintered pads, the carbon type seem to hold up ok and feel better...

• TimBrp

Posted May 26, 2004 - 01:33 AM

http://www.rockymoun...?sid=0004228147
I also bought my rotors (Titax at $50 front and $50 back) and pads $20 each here :awww: There fast and good prices. Always look real good at what your buying. I have bought front, thinking I was buying back and so on. :thumbsup:

That's what I've order. I got the stainless for 20 bucks more. Rocky Mountain..Can't beat em'. Thanks guys!

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.