Primary Drive-brand sprockets

6 replies to this topic
  • flyinguitars

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Has anybody here tried these? Im missing some teeth on my rear sprocket and I saw the primary drive brand rear sprockets in the rocky mountain catalog for only 14.99 they only say they are hardened steel though (not stainless). The fronts are only 6.99

Also, any experience with a D.I.D. 520 ERT chain? 54.99 at rockymountain.

How about the Fredette chain guides?
Thanks,
Mike

• skthom2320

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:20 AM

I have a PD sprocket from Rocky Mountain. It's a a bit heavy but mine has held up well. For $14.99 you can't beat it!

Why not an x-ring chain? I bought the DID x-ring from Rocky Mountain at the same time as the pD sprocket. I've only adjusted it once but that was due to a misalignement, not because of wear/stretching. I have about 50 hours on the sprocket/chain combo. There is some wear on my sprocket but that is due to the misalignment I had early on. Really not much wear since then.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:28 AM

I second the x-ring (sorry, never used pd sprockets). I've got the DID ERV2 and I'm sold. The more I use it the less often I have to adjust it. I've got about 4 good rides on it now with no adjustment!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyinguitars

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:39 AM

Do you have to replace the slider? Iwas under the impression that an O-ring is a lot wider. If Im wrong, I'll get an O (X)-ring.

Where can you get a gold stainless steel rear sprocket? :) :D As Im doing my shopping, Im all about the gold look today :D
Thanks
Mike

• skthom2320

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:43 AM

Do you have to replace the slider? Iwas under the impression that an O-ring is a lot wider. If Im wrong, I'll get an O (X)-ring.

I didn't replace the slider. I do notice that my master link clip wears a little faster but I just put a new clip on when the old gets worn. I bought a few 520 master link clips last time I was a the dealer as well as an extra x-ring master link from Rocky Mountain (for a spare) when I bought everything else.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 10, 2002 - 10:09 AM

I replaced my slider at the same time that I replaced the chain with an x-ring, but it was because the slider was already worn out from the previous chain. It seems to fit fine on the stock slider. My master link is the rivit type. I have not noticed any wear problems at all.

• thumper4life

Posted June 10, 2002 - 12:17 PM

go with the X-ring chain....the ert stretches like rubber after a race or a few rides. i have to adjust mine every time

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.