motor misses

8 replies to this topic
  • chais1

Posted May 24, 2004 - 01:37 AM

2nd 3rd motor misses down low but open throttle and all is sweet road registed in australia so have to go slow in traffic this is where problem was discovered :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 24, 2004 - 03:33 AM

Sounds like jetting? Ignition? Only 2nd and 3rd gear? Need more info to help. :thumbsup:

• lightstorm

Posted May 24, 2004 - 04:06 AM

Drop the needle one notch (lift clip 1 notch )in the carby!

• sabin

Posted May 24, 2004 - 08:05 PM

Byke is designed for racing e.g. accelerate-brake-accelerate-brake.... if you ride it with steady trottle at mid revs it misses. Do what other sugjested.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chais1

Posted May 24, 2004 - 08:23 PM

thanks for the input fella,s will start riding it like i stole it :thumbsup: :awww:

• simch

Posted May 25, 2004 - 11:55 AM

Dropping the needle will weaken it. Sounds more like its running a bit weak, hence the hunting and missing, and on full gas, with the accelerator pump squirting extra fuel in, it runs ok. I would try (indeed I will be this weekend cos my UK one is the same) raising the needle (ie lowering the clip) to richen it a bit.

GLAD TO HEAR IT AINT JUST MINE THOUGH!!

• chais1

Posted May 25, 2004 - 12:07 PM

cheers bloke will try that today lowering the clip :thumbsup:

• lightstorm

Posted May 25, 2004 - 09:10 PM

The prob is that it is running rich believe it or not.
RAISE the clip to LOWER the needle to lean it off a bit.

Cheers

• chais1

Posted May 30, 2004 - 04:56 PM

motor running wicked now thanks 4 the input :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.