OT Some old Blackwater 100 pics

7 replies to this topic
  • stonewall

Posted May 23, 2004 - 06:33 PM

I found a few old Blackwater pics the other day and figured some of you XR6 owners might be interested. The quality isn't the best but they sure are some good memories from back in the day.

Here's a pic of some typical Blackwater race transportation.
Notice the custom painted slogans on the camper. :awww:
Posted Image

Here is one section of the pit area the day before the race. Too much alcohol and internal combustion engines always made for endless entertainment. Those damn mud fleas made one hell of a mess though and are the main reason for the demise of the race. :lol:
Posted Image

Here is Tommy Norton, the only person to ever win Blackwater on a 125. He was sponsored by the Ninja Turtles and was a big hit with the kids. He's not as big as a popcorn fart but he can go like hell.
Posted Image

This is a shot of the course at the top of the powerline section.
Posted Image

Scott Summers at speed in an open section.
Posted Image

Summers XR600 after the race. That's the winners trophy leaning against it. I think this was in '91 but I might be wrong. He won the race but broke his arm on the last lap.
Posted Image

I have some more that I'll put on later if any one is interested. :thumbsup:

• AzMtnThumper

Posted May 23, 2004 - 07:53 PM

Those are cool! I remember reading about the Blackwater as a kid, but here in AZ mud is a novelty :lol: Although one time I did sink my 79 DT250 into a stock tank (that's an AZ part-time pond :lol:) requiring a 4WD to get it out...it wouldn't even turn the back wheel...my own mini Blackwater:LOL: My XR's never been that dirty :awww: :thumbsup:

• trav

Posted May 23, 2004 - 09:50 PM

definitely post more pics if you have them!!!

btw, on that camper in the first pic, BrandonW has the same thing wrote on the side of his motorhome :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted May 24, 2004 - 01:36 AM

I have a few Blackwater videos at home. The "Mud Fleas"!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stonewall

Posted May 29, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Another typical Blackwater pit rig.
Posted Image

Larry Roseler at the finish, '92 I think
Posted Image

Then again in '93
Posted Image

Scott Summers and Natl. Enduro Champ Jeff Russell podium interview.
Posted Image

Summers XR6 after another win.
Posted Image

This is Summers as commentator the year his arm was broken.
Fred Andrews won the race and Dirt Bike Magazine's Tim "Lumpy" Tolleson rode Summers XR600 to a less than stellar finish. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

This is yours truly crossing a creek in true spode fashion. The KTM lost it's power valve shortly after this was taken and that's how I got to take so many pictures. :awww:
Posted Image

• mr660

Posted May 31, 2004 - 09:04 PM

THESE PICS BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE!!!THE OLD 600 WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT IN MY HEART!! :thumbsup:

• XRL_Rider

Posted April 16, 2005 - 07:01 PM

Really takes me back, Thanks!! :D :D :naughty: :D :cry: :naughty:

• frankstr

Posted April 17, 2005 - 04:35 AM

nice pics.. :naughty: :naughty: :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.