Pro taper question

3 replies to this topic
  • Roll_it_on

Posted May 23, 2004 - 04:53 PM

I just changed out my renthals and put on a new set of pro taper bars on my 650r. This is my first pair of pro taper bars and after trying them out it seems like I am picking up more vibration through the handlebars then I did before. I am wondering if it is in my head or if perhaps since I heard these bars flex somewhat that perhaps they transmit more vibration then 7/8" renthals. Anybody have a similar experience :thumbsup:

• qadsan

Posted May 23, 2004 - 05:32 PM

I felt less vibration with my Pro Tapers than the stock bars, but can't comment on the Renthals other than breaking a few sets several years ago. I liked my Pro Tapers, but now use the funky Fasst Felxx bars.

You may want to try another set of grips to see if that helps. The Spider M1's are a dual density grip made from special tacky compounds that allow you to hang on with less effort and fatigue and they're also acoustically engineered to rebound and absorb vibrations. I really like these grips and got them from Barnums Pro Products sales@barnumspro.com
http://www.spidergrips.com/id3.html

Oury also has antivibration grips as well.
http://www.rstc.net/...ycle_grips.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted May 24, 2004 - 05:52 PM

Thanks Qadsan for the information. It's most likely in my head but I do think I will try the grips :thumbsup:

• tirebiter

Posted May 24, 2004 - 11:37 PM

Hi Roll_it_on,
Those were spider grips on my pro tapers. Really help keep the buzz down. 100 mi loop last sat, hands were fine all day. If you need them right now, Mach1 in Vallejo has them in stock.
Happy trails, Dan
PS- Cow next sat,4/29? I'll be there......Let me know if you can make it, I'll swing by Mach1 & pick you up a pair of spiders on my way outta town..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.