Z Start

2 replies to this topic
  • rorhound

Posted May 23, 2004 - 04:36 PM

Installed the Z-Start Friday nite (with the handlebar perch) and went out today, first to the track then with the wifie and kiddies trail riding.

The bike I like a whole lot has turned into the bike that I now love. This clutch rocks! I adjusted the perch mount at 5/8" with the stiff spring for the track and backed it off to about 3/8" during the trail ride.

The install was pretty easy and now that I've done one I could probably put one on in 45 minutes or so.

I had to remove one more of the stock plates and replace it with the Rekluse .055 plates to end up with .032 clearance between the plates.

Kind of weird putting it in gear and just sitting there until you gas it up.

Now if I could just hang on like I used to be able to 25 years ago when I quit riding all together. Time to get the old body in shape!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OC768

Posted May 23, 2004 - 05:31 PM

I never thought my throttle hand would tire before my clutch hand either. I know the feeling you describe above well, pretty amazing device huh :thumbsup:

• rbm33

Posted May 24, 2004 - 03:35 PM

iv had mine for a few weeks now. iv got the perch adjust, i went with the light spring and have it set just above idol, it works great for motocross and cross country. i havent even adjusted it since i got it installed.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.