any ideas how to straighten bent rim?

24 replies to this topic
  • gtxkid

Posted June 14, 2009 - 07:03 AM

Send them to Woodys Wheels they just done one of mine.
That is all they do there.

• KJ790

Posted June 14, 2009 - 07:11 AM

My buddy fixes his with a 20,000 pound press.It seems to work well.

I've done that, it depends on how it is bent. I've had some crack while I was bending them back like that too, so it is a gamble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ears2244

Posted June 14, 2009 - 07:21 AM

Not many options except to get a new one. I'd check the spokes and see if they are bent/loose first.

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2009 - 08:25 AM

I've done that, it depends on how it is bent. I've had some crack while I was bending them back like that too, so it is a gamble.

Aluminum can be interesting to bend or straighten. It's sometimes less prone to cracking if it is subjected to an impact, as from a hard mallet, than if pressed or bent. The word gamble is quite accurate.

• Chillax719

Posted June 19, 2009 - 07:00 PM

After spending some time trying to tighten the spokes to reduce wobble and get the weel true, I found that my problem was that the tire was not seated properly. After pumping up the tire I got rid of the wobble...

You think the saying "measure twice cut once" applies?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.