Doug Henry Bars

7 replies to this topic
  • Dave_B

Posted May 27, 2001 - 03:18 PM

anybody tried the Doug Henry (Hendry?) high bars. I ordered them two weeks ago and still haven't got them. It sucks to be Canadian sometimes :)

------------------
00 WR400
00 XR 50
01 TTR 90
Metric tools

• JAAB

Posted May 27, 2001 - 04:16 PM

Ahhhh! My ears! It's great to be Canadian, eh? Take that back!! :)

------------------
2000 WR 400F fondly known as "WROOF"

• Dave_B

Posted May 28, 2001 - 10:50 AM

I said sometimes, like when you need a product from the States and have to pay .48 cents on the dollar and wait 3-5 weeks for a 1 pound pair of handle bars. For the other 364 days of the year, there's nothing better than being Canadian.

------------------
00 WR400
00 XR 50
01 TTR 90
Metric tools

• ScottyR

Posted May 28, 2001 - 02:06 PM

Why did you order them from the USA? Did NO ONE in Canada have them? What about Machine Racing or Blackfoot in Calgary? I have never had to order anything from the States other than my Scotts Damper and I had it in 4 days. I have had good luck ordering from Toni at Machine in the past.
Oh yeah, wait till you get your VISA bill and find out you paid about $1.56 CDN for that US dollar.

[This message has been edited by scottyr (edited 05-28-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BillS

Posted May 28, 2001 - 03:31 PM

I'm in Ottawa, Canada and in my experience the situation with local bike shops sucks. For example I ordered and Dunlop tire and handguards 5 weeks ago and no sign of it. Their excuse was that the suppliers cater to the US first, even to the point of pulling shipments to Canada and diverting them to the US. I got tired of waiting and ordered the tires from Motorcycle Accessories Warehouse in CO three days ago, they shipped two days ago, expect them soon. The tire was $53 US + shipping, duty, tax versus $133 CDN + 15% tax. In the end I will probably pay more but need the tire like, NOW.

------------------
00WR400, BD Dual Sport Kit, Airbox lid removed, UFO Dakar Hand Guards, Panoram Computer, Ottawa, Canada

• Dave_B

Posted May 28, 2001 - 03:50 PM

I did order the bar from a local dealer in Hamilton, their waiting for them to "come in" from the States. It took 4 weeks to get Russell speed bleeders. Face it, sell product for US dollars or Canadian, and if I'm the supplier, I'll take the US dollar.

• Dave_B

Posted May 28, 2001 - 03:52 PM

Oh yeah, I ordered them locally because I bought my kid's TTR 90 there so I got the extra 15% off, otherwise I would buy from machine racing.

• ScottyR

Posted May 30, 2001 - 12:49 PM

You guys need to find a new dealer! 5 weeks for a tire? I was just up at Machine and I bet the had 300 tires in stock! I ride a KTM and even my KTM dealer (Clasen Motors) has just about everything I could ever need in stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.