Weak spark 2001 WR426

3 replies to this topic
  • madbajan

Posted May 23, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Hello TTers I'm having a hard start problem on my 2001 WR426
I've owned the bike from new and have a YZ pipe tank and seat fitted. She's been super reliable always easy to start and great power but now I'm suffering from weak spark, any ideas where to start? electrics are not my best skill and I live in the caribbean so no dealer help on my island. I really like this bike its been the bomb, just want to get her back up n running right. Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to assist,Adam

• madbajan

Posted May 26, 2004 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for all the help guys.................?????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gomopar440

Posted May 26, 2004 - 04:39 AM

C'mon now take it easy on 'em. You know as well as I do how long it takes to get mail to the mainland :awww:. I never realised that included Email/Internet though :thumbsup: :lol:.

I'm no expert on electronics but I would first check any ground wires for corrosion/pinches/exposed wire. If you're still getting spark (even if weak) then there is still continuity in the elec system. Good luck.

Any one else want to take a crack at this one?

• madbajan

Posted May 26, 2004 - 03:10 PM

Thanks fellow island dweller. I actually did just that this morning and didnt find any corrosion but spayed all the connections and put em all back together and it fired right up! spark still looks red but its working again. I went to a few euro sites and asked the same question and it seems this is a very common problem on these bikes especially where there's lots of moisture in the air. appreciate the response man as the euro's were really helpful and I was wondering if the yankee's were dissing me off?? safe journeys, Baje :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.