Oxygenated fuel?

5 replies to this topic
  • PK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:18 PM

I'm heading up to Mammoth Mt for the races and have heard about oxygenated fuel. Do they sell it at the pump down there or am I gonna have to get some VP brand fuel that is already oxygenated. By running oxygenated fuel, will I still have to rejet? I am at sea level now and the bike runs great, but Mammoth Mt is 7500 feet...

Any suggestions?
Thanks, PK

• yznvegas

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:34 PM

Are you talking about the same Mammoth where the kick butt ski resort is? If so, where are you allowed to ride up there?

• PK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 10:11 AM

Same general area. I guess the track is at the base of the mountain. http://www.mammothmotocross.com/

Surprised you haven't heard of it yet, it's a huge event. Check out the pics at the website, it'll make you wanna go...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted June 06, 2002 - 11:49 AM

What you want for mammoth is Nitro Propane. Its an oxygen bearing fuel. Id start with 10% and run it, check the jetting. You'll probably be pretty close. DO NOT JET DOWN AND TRY TO RUN THE NITRO PROPANE! IT WILL HAMMER THE PISTON OUT OF THE MOTOR! The stuff works, but becareful with it. :)

• thumperguy426

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:57 PM

You can get oxygenated gas in california were there is smog problems. I ran vp c-12 in my 2 smoke and the price is anywhere between $6.50-$10.00 a gallon. hope i helped ya

• Boit

Posted June 07, 2002 - 10:00 PM

C-12 is an excellent overall choice for the 400/426. However, MR2 is oxygenated and is an even better choice for elevation. Don't be surprised if you use a non-oxygenated fuel at lower elevation, you can just pour in the MR2 and be close to precise jetting at the higher elevations. It is such a good choice for the 426 at any elevation. This fuel maximizes performance across the RPM range and REALLY manifests itself with throttle response. It goes without saying that with any fuel changes, you will need to jet crisp.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.