tic tic tic...

2 replies to this topic
  • FlyByWire

Posted May 22, 2004 - 07:26 PM

Hey guys. 700 mile BRP, uncorked.

Im getting this ticking from the counter sprocket now. It sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. The faster I go, the louder and faster it gets. I have checked the teeth on the sprocket and everything looks good. I am getting ready to tear the bike down and grease it, and check the valves. Any advise on what the ticking may be?
Thanks
Brett

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heliosstudios

Posted May 22, 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hmm, does it sound exactly like a playing card in the spokes? Perhaps it's a broken spoke? Obviously, if it only happens while moving, then check the external moving parts. If nothing funky can be found there, prop up the rear wheel and try again. Or lastly, remove the chain and see if it still does it... process of elimination. Good luck. :thumbsup:

• FlyByWire

Posted May 22, 2004 - 07:40 PM

Thanks,
No its not a spoke. With the bike on the stand, and turning the rear wheel by hand you can hear it... tic.... tic.. tic.. It not just the 'normal' sound of the chain/sprocket... Once I get the chain off maybe I'll see somehthing....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.