Aftermarket tank form...

2 replies to this topic
  • Squidward

Posted May 22, 2004 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking at doing a mod to the drz like that of len anderson's drz, slapping a yzf426's tank and shrouds on the drz for better ergos and a flatter seat, etc,etc... And besides.. It's just cool. Refer to this post if you're curious...

Anyways, the delima is.. I need way more capacity than the stock tank gives.. Assuming that lens' 1.9gal tank's the stocker. But I can't sacrifice bulge for capacity, or I'd be better off with my stocker.

So, how many of you have aftermarket tanks with higher capacity.. Looking for atleast ~2.5gal, with a slender form, etc, etc.

Any suggestions? I've looked at aftermarket websites and the pictures really don't help much... if they even provide a picture.

Oh yea, and if the seat/tank junction bulges the seat upwards, it's pretty welly useless as well.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2cole

Posted May 25, 2004 - 12:55 PM

Be careful I just installed a IMS tank and I am have some overheating trouble now. I am still in the process of working the bugs out, you see the larger tank confines the motor quite a bit more than the stock model and IMS was no Help when I asked if they had any complaints. Good luck!

• zz3gmc

Posted May 25, 2004 - 02:20 PM

You might want to look into a 03/04 WR 250 or WR 450 tank and shrouds. They hold 2.6 gallons. Im going to try to put one on my 02 YZ 426. Ive test fitted it and it looks like it will work with a few mods.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.