Are you scared?



11 replies to this topic
  • 4:20six

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:31 AM

#1

Hey Colorado dudes, I have tried to get all of us in the front range area to go a and have a TT race day at Berthoud on any saturday or sunday. Nobody has really seemed interested, and I know there are a few of us around these parts, so what gives? Afraid you'll embarrass yourselves? I know I am most likely not the fastest out of all front range TT'rs, maybe not even close, but I'm not afraid to see where I stand!! C'mon who's in??

p.s. NO EXCUSES

  • Hokie

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:55 AM

#2

Originally posted by 4:20six:
Hey Colorado dudes, I have tried to get all of us in the front range area to go a and have a TT race day at Berthoud on any saturday or sunday. Nobody has really seemed interested, and I know there are a few of us around these parts, so what gives? Afraid you'll embarrass yourselves? I know I am most likely not the fastest out of all front range TT'rs, maybe not even close, but I'm not afraid to see where I stand!! C'mon who's in??

p.s. NO EXCUSES



Well, there is a race at Berthoud next weekend on the 16th.

I'll be there.

Otherwise, I can make it any weekend but this one.

  • 4:20six

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:14 AM

#3

Really? I did not know that.

What day? How much to enter if not associated with any race organization?

What class do you race in? My buddy came in second in the novice class at Thunder valley a few weeks ago, and I'm faster than him.

I'd like to give organized racing a shot, but this would be my first!! I look forward to battling.

  • Hokie

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:27 AM

#4

Originally posted by 4:20six:
Really? I did not know that.

What day? How much to enter if not associated with any race organization?

What class do you race in? My buddy came in second in the novice class at Thunder valley a few weeks ago, and I'm faster than him.

I'd like to give organized racing a shot, but this would be my first!! I look forward to battling.


It is on Sunday.

Check out www.srac.org next week to see the schedule/times for Berthoud.

I race in 250N and VetN.

I think it is $15 for a day membership in SRAC or $30 for a full year. If you plan to race more than once you should buy the year membership since you can only buy the day membership once.

After that it is $25 a class I think.

They run a split schedule, some on the North Track which I hate, and some on the South track.Plus, they have morning and afternoon schedules.

So you may have to get there real early but you will done by 11-12. Or you get there a little later and are done around 3-4.

  • Dodger

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:36 PM

#5

Hey 4:20six...

It's almost 4:20 aint it... I'm on my way :) :D !!

Not scared, just don't do (have never done) any racing. But I love to ride Berthoud. I would be way into at least comming out to meet y'all. I told Hokie some day we could possibly hook up and I'd show him some trials. I'll keep my eye on the post, or feel free to e-mail me....

jon.dewald@internettransaction.com

Later...

Dodger :D :D

  • Merfman

Posted June 06, 2002 - 11:17 AM

#6

Hellya, I'm scared. I'm an enduro guy. I don't MX much.

Truth be told, Berthoud is a long way from Colorado Springs. A group of us will be headed to Aztec next Thursday if you wanna come smoke a bunch of old men.

Merf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hokie

Posted June 06, 2002 - 12:46 PM

#7

bock bock!

Posted Image


What's the matter Col. Sanders?

CHICKEN?!?!?

  • Merfman

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:16 AM

#8

Originally posted by Hokie:
bock bock!

Posted Image


What's the matter Col. Sanders?

CHICKEN?!?!?



I thought I made that clear! You guys scare me! :)

Col Sanders

  • 4:20six

Posted June 08, 2002 - 04:51 PM

#9

I'll hopefully be there on Sunday, but my bro's getting a stripper and two kegs for the lennox/tyson fight, so I'll probably justr be watching. But I'll be out there soon, once I get registerserd with the srac and get some numbers on my beloved machine. BUt hey if I get there early enough, I may be out there with some electrical tape #'s, and a mean hangover, probably fighting it out mid pack!!!Looking forward to it!

  • Hokie

Posted June 10, 2002 - 05:54 AM

#10

Originally posted by 4:20six:
I'll hopefully be there on Sunday, but my bro's getting a stripper and two kegs for the lennox/tyson fight, so I'll probably justr be watching. But I'll be out there soon, once I get registerserd with the srac and get some numbers on my beloved machine. BUt hey if I get there early enough, I may be out there with some electrical tape #'s, and a mean hangover, probably fighting it out mid pack!!!Looking forward to it!


Last week I said "next weekend" which implies this weekend now that is next week.

June 16th, 2002.

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!
Come hear the thunder!

  • 4:20six

Posted June 10, 2002 - 08:42 AM

#11

Man, I gotta lay off the pot for a while, thanks Hokie, and by 250N, do you mean 250 novice? How do you usually do in that class? What # are you?

  • Hokie

Posted June 10, 2002 - 09:26 PM

#12

Originally posted by 4:20six:
Man, I gotta lay off the pot for a while, thanks Hokie, and by 250N, do you mean 250 novice? How do you usually do in that class? What # are you?


Yeah 250 Novice. Last year I was running around mid-pack or so and improving fast before the season ended.

This year I have no idea, I have not been riding at all this summer since the beginning of April when I screwed up my knee.

My number is 542 in 250 Novice and Vet Novice

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]





Related Content

 
x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.