Asterisk Service 10+

14 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:13 AM

I bought a set of slightly used Asterisk knee braces from a fellow thumper talk member and they are in good shape, a little wear, but nothing you wouldn't expect from normal use. I called Asterisk to see if I could get some replacement laces and lace locks and they are sending me off a new set for free. I told them I bought them used, but they didn't even care. I have been emailing them with a few questions and the always get back to me within 20 minutes, whether is be about parts or questions. I love the braces and love the service that goes along with them even more. 10+++++++ Thanks Asterisk

• Mark_UK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:32 AM

thumper keep an eye on the cables
there has been a few issues with them been broken and not noticed

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted June 06, 2002 - 11:46 AM

Has anyone else had problems with the cables? Did Asterisk take care of them?

• Ian_M.

Posted June 06, 2002 - 11:52 AM

I replaced my cables about a 2 week's ago 2 of the 4 were broke. And they mailed them out no questions asked. i had new cables within a week.Its not hard to do,it takes about 20mins per brace if you change both sides. A friend of mine had to replace his also recently. They are still worth the money i wont ride with out them anymore, comfortable, easy to set up, not hard to put on. :)

• sjp23

Posted June 07, 2002 - 05:52 AM

Keep an eye out for those broken cables! I hyperextended my knee this spring and may need surgery to repare the damage. Asterisk knows of this problem with the cables and should have had a recall or notice sent out to all buyers. They did replace my braces free of charge but my knee still bothers me every time I walk. Bill Frank (real nice guy, and pretty fast)who works for them has called me to see how I was doing so I give them some credit for personal sevice after the fact.

• ThumpDRN

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:51 AM

Originally posted by sjp23:
Bill Frank (real nice guy, and pretty fast)who works for them has called me to see how I was doing so I give them some credit for personal sevice after the fact.

He is a nice guy... but fast? No way... Getting Rookie of the Year Outdoor Nats' in 1986 was a fluke. :)

• Supergooch

Posted June 07, 2002 - 07:40 AM

Mark UK, the Don Joy salesman spreading his mischief again. Rememebr, you guys are riding MX (not playing golf), so stuff will break.

Mark UK, can I get a discount on some Don Joys for my blow up doll?? They should hold up for her :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ric_j_stallone

Posted June 07, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Supergooch, :) that made me lol :D

• grashoper250

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:53 PM

Asterisk customer service is excellent. Ive had a few things break and the lady I spoke with was very polite, helpful and had me fixed up really fast. They seem to really care for their customer. I also give them a 10. Thanks!

• Mark_UK

Posted June 08, 2002 - 01:01 AM

you have a blow up doll?......that makes sense

• mikeolichney

Posted June 08, 2002 - 05:49 AM

Does anyone know when the fix for the breaking cables will be ready?

• Supergooch

Posted June 08, 2002 - 02:46 PM

Mark UK,

"when the dust storm comes,,, they last comes Mark UK ..."

:) :D :D

My blow up doll is a size medium!

• Mark_UK

Posted June 08, 2002 - 09:56 PM

and i assume u want the braces as some form of restaint for your medium size rubber doll?..

hey if shes not consenting mate ,,move on lifes to short for you to spend it focused on just one inflatable female :)

• SUnruh

Posted June 09, 2002 - 05:09 AM

Originally posted by mikeolichney:
Does anyone know when the fix for the breaking cables will be ready?

i talked with them late on friday.
i went and checked mine.
YUP! 1 broke, 1 almost broke and the rest were frayed big time.
the lady i talked with said they were working on a new solution, but didn't know when it would be ready.
she is sending me 2 (not 1, but 2!) complete sets of cables. the reason being, she asked what kind of riding i do and i said Hare Scrambles. so, anybody that does the longer events, ask for an extra pair.

• mxfreak

Posted June 09, 2002 - 06:58 AM

Well, considering the design effort that Asterisk is putting into them, I would reckon towards the end of the year?

Someone mentioned in the deleted thread that the replacement would be at the cost of the upper part of the braces, so if anything, that would be a case of sending the brace in and having your credit card ready.

I'll probably chat to the Asterisk people at Washougal (end of July), so I'll try to get an estimate of time (although I can understand that Asterisk is deliberately vague to prevent people from bitching and moaning when they overshoot a set date).

Just contact them and make sure you have your name on their list and ask them to let you know when the new improvements are ready.

P.S. Mark_UK... when are you available? Shoot me a note so I can come try those Donjoys on sometime.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: mxfreak ]

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.