exhaust popping and fire!

7 replies to this topic
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 05, 2002 - 03:59 PM

I recently baught a '01 yz426f as my first four stroke bike. and when decelerating from a high rev, it will pop and a flame will shoot out of the silencer for a split second. Am i jetted slightly rich or lean? id apreciate it if someone would help me out.

• thumper4life

Posted June 05, 2002 - 04:37 PM

lean vanilla! lean!

or bike just cold. where at in MI are ya?

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 05, 2002 - 04:42 PM

sterling heights, about 30 minutes northwest of detroit. and i thought the bike was fairly warm when the problem occured. just thought maybe it was jetting. I feel stupid asking a question like this because im fairly mechanical. Im a technitian at North America's largest outdoor power equipment dealer, and only 17 years old, so its unlike me to ask a question like this. I just wanted to do everything right with my new bike!

• FASTFRANK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 01:21 AM

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM CURRENTLY WITH MY 01' AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH IT. MY MECHANIC AND ME ARE GOING TO WORK ON IT TONIGHT AT MY TRACK! I WILL POST AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT! FRANK SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS! IT IS VERY EARLY! FRANK :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 06, 2002 - 02:15 AM

Does it run well except on decel? The only time I see/hear flames in the silencer is when there is an ignition problem. Check the plug first.

Good luck,
mwc

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 06, 2002 - 04:13 AM

CAPS I HATE CAPS

IF THER IS ANYTHING IN THE WORLD THAT GETS ME IS CAPS
:)

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• FASTFRANK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:17 AM

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!SORRY EGO, i had to do it! you asked for it!! lol LOL LOL LOL FRank

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:35 AM

FIRE HGUGHHTHGHH FIRE FIRE

5 points to the guy that figures out where that came from.

I was thinking about it today, why do we thumper guys get all worked up about popping on decel, when every single GTU car blows 3 foot of full blown flame out the pipe on decel?

Hell whats more intimidating for a two stroke guy to see? The guy that goes blowing past on a thumper, the giant flames come belching out when he forced to reel in the beast for the corner? Or some quiet smooth XLish putt putt that cruises past with a wisper? :)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.