04 YZ450 what do you think

3 replies to this topic
  • RaptorFla

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:23 PM

Whats up bro's, going to trade in my 03 Raptor for a new 04 YZ450. I also have a 95 KX500, I will be keeping that one. Just wanted to know your opinions about the 04 YZ450-thanks

• Satch0922

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:26 PM

It's a great bike. I have ridden TexasDirtNap's and it rocks. You will need to invest in bars/clamps, chain/sprockets from the word go. Other than that you will have an awesome bike!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Doug_Caldwell

Posted May 21, 2004 - 05:29 PM

I really like my 450's. The verdict is still out on which one I think is better. I have been riding them both a quite a bit. The '04 seems to have more tractable power.

Like said before, you will need to invest in some new bars and chain sprocket combo. Other than that change the oil evry other ride and show everyone your huge smile. :thumbsup:

• TexasDirtNap

Posted May 23, 2004 - 01:08 PM

It's a great bike. I have ridden TexasDirtNap's and it rocks. You will need to invest in bars/clamps, chain/sprockets from the word go. Other than that you will have an awesome bike!!

...don't forget the suspension unless you're luck enough to weigh in at the 175 lbs sweet spot !!

I rode a 426 for 3 years and have had the '04 450 for about 7 months. some will say that they both put out the same power, routhly 48-50 hp. Both machines are great but the 4 speed on the 450 makes it feel better for me on the track and i'd swear the power is different as well (as in more of it !)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.