XR 650 Fuel Filter

2 replies to this topic
  • sven

Posted May 21, 2004 - 12:46 PM

One Of My Buddies Says There's No Way To Put
A Fuel Filter On His XR 650!? Would Someone
Please Talk Him Thru It!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted May 21, 2004 - 02:42 PM

Most XR650R's have a fuel filter--its built into the petcock and rises into the fuel tank. It can get clogged over time and its a good idea to check it once every year or so...

If you need a second fuel filter--not sure why ya would--but if you do need one, you can just splice it in between the carb and the petcock. I run a second tank-the Acerbis under the seat tank, and i have a large filter under my seat between the two tanks. Right next to all those wires...

• Buds3rd

Posted May 21, 2004 - 02:55 PM

The best way to put a fuel filter on a 650R is to first install a TM40 Mikuni. The fuel inlet for that carb is further from the petcock and allows space for a filter. The stock carb is hopeless-------------

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.