40' Gap Jump

9 replies to this topic
  • A_2_N

Posted May 21, 2004 - 11:04 AM

I finally done it :lol:
Driving up the face of this monster {15' tip} was a life changing experience for me. Unbelievable...i couldn't even pull off any type of victory run after that {making it}...my adrenalene was pumping so hard :awww:
It may be commonplace for most here, but i can assure you...if you mess up a gear on the approach on this hole you are done.
Third gear .....wide open.
It was even moreso iffy, after seeing a guy eat it hard a few days ago on this gap.
I'm the only enduro to take the plunge so far. 40' isn't a great distance but the approach is brutal :thumbsup:
Anyway, i'm still really pumped....& done it about 10 times after for the camera....okay i did manage to wipe out the last time ...well after the landing {bottomed out} :lol:
What is the hardest setting i can acheive on my 04 WR ???
Or should i say....how do i go about attaining that. I will upgrade springs when feasable.

• BrandonW

Posted May 21, 2004 - 11:27 AM

I feel your joy! That is awesome.

I ride off-road, and not real skilled at jumping. Last week, I got on a moto track for the first time. Tables are no problem, but the doubles, with that gap, is a mental block for me. I can do the bike length ones, but nothing like 40'.

Way to go! Keep it up, but keep the rubber side down!

:thumbsup:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 22, 2004 - 12:28 PM

let's see some photos of that jump you did

I finally done it :lol:
Driving up the face of this monster {15' tip} was a life changing experience for me. Unbelievable...i couldn't even pull off any type of victory run after that {making it}...my adrenalene was pumping so hard :thumbsup:
It may be commonplace for most here, but i can assure you...if you mess up a gear on the approach on this hole you are done.
Third gear .....wide open.
It was even moreso iffy, after seeing a guy eat it hard a few days ago on this gap.
I'm the only enduro to take the plunge so far. 40' isn't a great distance but the approach is brutal :awww:
Anyway, i'm still really pumped....& done it about 10 times after for the camera....okay i did manage to wipe out the last time ...well after the landing {bottomed out} :lol:
What is the hardest setting i can acheive on my 04 WR ???
Or should i say....how do i go about attaining that. I will upgrade springs when feasable.

• A_2_N

Posted May 22, 2004 - 01:10 PM

What's your email. You can post it for me if you like :thumbsup:
I cannot figure out how to post pics on this site :awww:

• ddialogue

Posted May 22, 2004 - 01:31 PM

A_2_N...Check your PM's!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 22, 2004 - 05:44 PM

I can post a few for ya. E-mail me at riverratmike@yahoo.com

What's your email. You can post it for me if you like :awww:
I cannot figure out how to post pics on this site :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted May 23, 2004 - 05:46 AM

Cool photos A_2_N! :thumbsup:

• tp3dxf

Posted May 23, 2004 - 06:52 AM

Let's see the shots! Where can we see them at?

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 23, 2004 - 07:29 AM

try going to www.bikemovies.com you can post photos here and then link to them. :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted May 23, 2004 - 08:02 AM

Let's see the shots! Where can we see them at?

Here you go!

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.