wr250f coming soon!

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 08, 2000 - 09:19 PM

I put my deposit down today. My dealer in B.C. Canada said he expects it sometime in Jan. :)

Coming from a 00' XR 250, I craved more juice and better suspension. I had orginally thought about the WR426F, but after sitting on the WR250F at a bike show, it just felt like it would be a lot more managable in the tight woods I ride.

Thinking about trying Hare Scrambles and a small amount of mx, but mostly woods. After much thought I decided on the WRF vs. YZF.

A few questions though; will it "happily" support my 200lbs (power and suspension), and what's the advantage of the wide ratio tranny for my riding preferences. I've noticed a lot of YZF's racing Hare Scrambles.

Thanks in advance!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 11, 2000 - 05:31 PM

Hey, congrats on the purchase! I am same 200 lbs and think the WR250 will be adequate for you in our tight woods. I have the WR400 and it can be a handful in the woods. If it isn't you can always move up to the 400/426 next year. By the way, I am looking for riding buddies in B.C. (Lower Mainland) so if you need an extra rider give me an e-mail at wr_freak@yahoo.com

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.