grey wire mod for WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • M3talH3ad

Posted May 21, 2004 - 08:26 AM

I got a 04 WR450 with 35 miles on it. The exhaust plug is removed and it has a YZ throttle stop in it. My next step is the grey wire. I know about all the timing map stuff but What will this do for actual seat of your pants performance. I don't plan on messing with the cam. Is there any links showing pictures or just instructions on how to do the mod for this bike? http://www.pc-xtreme...r450/index.html

• M3talH3ad

Posted May 21, 2004 - 09:22 AM

I read an old post where a guy put a switch up by his throttle to turn it on or off, is this possible or even needed. I just want the mofo to kick ass

• xteamrider

Posted May 21, 2004 - 09:25 AM

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

Lots of info on free WR mods there. Welcome to the club.

Posted Image
I think your daughter is trying to tell you something!

• M3talH3ad

Posted May 21, 2004 - 12:56 PM

HAHAHA to funny, i love the balloon. and it's dirty now :thumbsup:
MEGGA fun this bike is. i was used to kickin' over a 94 cr500. love this machine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtryder52

Posted May 27, 2004 - 06:24 PM

what exactly does the grey wire do?

• M3talH3ad

Posted May 29, 2004 - 07:32 AM

is the 450 grey wire the same as the 250 in 04? any pictures? i just don't want to remove the wrong wire.

• logansowner

Posted May 29, 2004 - 07:06 PM

Damn, that is a sweet looking bike there man :awww: That is a good link that was already posted, it has just about all the info you could need.

BTW, cute kid. :thumbsup:

• M3talH3ad

Posted May 29, 2004 - 08:06 PM

thanks man :thumbsup: i did the grey wire mod a few hours ago. it was simple. just remove the seat and tank. find the wire bundle with the grey wire, pull it out and BAM, it's done. took me about 15 min. the bike seems to be a bit more responsive. not as much as i wanted, but it's a good difference yes. now i need to post a thread about the jetting.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.