I tried, it didn't work..................????????

10 replies to this topic
  • XXX_Thumper

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:19 AM

I tried to free up my hot start plunger with WD40 and some other stuff. Well, it's still damn stuck. Now what. :thumbsup:

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:45 AM

ky jelly :thumbsup: :lol:

Did you let it soak?

I assume you did

3n1 oil or a simular penitrant type oil and let it soak keeping it emersed
Yes the whole Carb body emersed in oil.

Only suggestion I have other the Coke (the Soda) :awww: that stuff will remove rust from an Iron nail.

• Fryboy

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:48 AM

When mine got stuck, I unscrewed it (duh) and then grabbed it with a pair of channel locks and pulled. It finally came out. Good luck to you and don't give up.

Fryboy

• XXX_Thumper

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:53 AM

I grabed it with some plyers. Guess what, It broke. The little fingers that hold onto the cable snapped off. S#$T, now what??????????????????????????????

• Fryboy

Posted May 21, 2004 - 10:00 AM

I grabed it with some plyers. Guess what, It broke. The little fingers that hold onto the cable snapped off. S#$T, now what??????????????????????????????

Damn ! You broke it off? There isn't anything to grab onto? Do you have a digicam? A picture is worth a thousand words... so I hear. I would suggest tapping a hole in the hot start, and then using a screw extractor to wedge into the hole and then pull! But, then again, I don't know what you have to work with.

Is this the stock hotstart?

Fryboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XXX_Thumper

Posted May 21, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Yes it is still the stocker. If you were to pull hard enought on the cable, it will become disconnected from the plunger. This is what happened to me. So while looking at it there are two little prong/clippy things. I'll take a picture when I get back from vacation in a week. For now, it is back together.

• gonzo

Posted May 21, 2004 - 10:39 AM

Try and just get another cable.

• XXX_Thumper

Posted May 21, 2004 - 10:55 AM

Gonzo, I still need to somehow remove the now completly stuck plunger.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 21, 2004 - 11:11 AM

Thumper

Think about this very carefully

The unit stuck is brass I believe or copper, Not sure it is a soft metal

Take a Drill bit, just a drill bit that just fits in and either manually work the drill to drill it out or be very careful to use a drill.

I think it can be done, Catch me on this. It may take some time but I think it can be done...

• TimFurryBalls

Posted May 21, 2004 - 11:57 AM

Dude, thank goodness you don't work for the bomb squad! Now listen to me closely, check your flaps, and make sure they're at 45 degrees. Now, reduce your air speed to 15 knots. . . Oh, sorry, wrong thread. Best bet, keep soaking it and be very carefuly with a screw extractor.

• ovrrdrive

Posted May 21, 2004 - 03:40 PM

Believe it or not, this stuff is the best for getting out corroded or rusted bolts.

http://www.pbblaster...fm?Product_ID=1

I bet if anything would work for you, that is it. You should be able to get a can from any auto parts store.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.