5 replies to this topic
  • F624ZY20

Posted June 05, 2002 - 06:14 AM

Can I buy a Honda front brake line for my YZ426 or do I need to buy a shortened brake line made specificly for Yamaha's and the CR routing mod.

Thanks in advance

• Jason_in_KC

Posted June 05, 2002 - 06:38 AM

Fastline and Ride Engineering both sell a YZ brake line shortened for CR style routing.

• therapture

Posted June 05, 2002 - 06:51 AM

The BIGGEST difference is just getting a braided line, the routing makes almost no difference at all. Just think about it. If you have a braided line that does NOT flex under pressure from the fluid, then the extra 6 inches or so does NOT matter. (don't tell your wife that! :eek :)

Fluid pressure is fluid pressure, and if 6 inches made that much difference, then your plumbing would not work ever!

My brakes have an oem routed replacement braided steel line from Moose racing and some DP race pads, and they are as good as a Honda, I know, I ride my pal's CRF450 and noticed no appreciable difference in stopping power. Just bleed your brakes carefully and use FRESH fluid....and you will be happy with ANY braided line...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted June 05, 2002 - 09:48 PM

what kind of pads do i need to purchase? 2001 CR250 pads? what year pads fit?

and what type of pads do i need? i was lookin and i saw at least 4 different materials for pads.

• therapture

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:26 PM

I just ordered the "DP Pro MX" for my YZ....same as CR450 pads....the Pro series is the highest friction, and they are holding up fairly well, they have been on my bike for 4 months now and still have about 40% material left...

• skoobeesnak

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:36 AM

I read somewhere that it isn't just the extra 6" of brake line but the 2 90 degree turns the brake line has to take for the stupid routing that they have to do cause they are too cheap to pay honda a few bucks for their ridiculous patent.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.