I've graduated!!

9 replies to this topic
  • tbronc

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:00 AM

To all of you who offered support and encouragement-

It helped me get through the tough times just knowing you guys were here. It worked. 3.9 average! I still can't believe it. It was tough to stay away from TT for so long, but I did manage to sneak in on occasion for a little motivation, (I called it homework, ME degree :thumbsup: )

Now I just need to polish up my resume and get copies sent out. Probably the hardest part of all.

Again, thanks everybody!

John Thompson
BSME Penn State, '04

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:53 AM

Oh man, that is awesome! :lol: :D :busted: :thumbsup: :awww:

Congratulations! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :mad: :usa: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :busted:

• endurodog

Posted May 21, 2004 - 09:34 AM

• icerider

Posted May 21, 2004 - 09:39 AM

ROOST ON!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 21, 2004 - 12:03 PM

But can you do partial differential equations in your sleep? :thumbsup: :awww: :lol: Congratulations you may never use what you learned but it will help with your career. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rohar

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:54 PM

Congratulations! Not only did you graduate with an engineering degree (a difficult thing in and of itself) but you did it with a fantastic GPA. You should be proud. :thumbsup:

Oh, and Indy, I used to be able to do PDEs in my sleep, but not anymore. I was very good at them at one time, but that was long ago... I still remember my 2-day final exam for that class and it was only one thermodynamics problem. Yikes! :awww:

• YamahaSteve

Posted May 21, 2004 - 05:26 PM

Congrats!!!!!! Good job on the 3.9 average!

On the topic of PDEs... I graduated with a EE degree 6 years ago and now I can't remember how to even start workin gon one!! :thumbsup:

• Disco

Posted May 21, 2004 - 05:57 PM

I'll take one of those too!

I"ll be graduating with my MBA in about 9 days- finally! And just think, it only took me 26 months after working a full time job too. Now I'll just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all my soon-to-be-had free time (and what I'm going to do with my new degree since it only set me back $40k). Mechanical Engineering is nice work, but unless you own the firm, dont plan on getting rich. :awww: When I finished my undergrad degree, I had stars in my eyes, and it only took about 5 years to figure out that I wasnt going to have the condo in Hawaii designing power plants.

If anyone out there is looking for a BSME w/P.E. and an MBA, willing to pay scads of money, and free use of the company jet, please send cash deposit and I'll consider your offer :lol: Just kidding...

Congratulations once again to the new graduates!!! :lol: ;) :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

• Treebark

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:44 PM

Great Job! :thumbsup:I've been working on a EE for about 6yrs, going to night school and will grad next semester.I'll probably end up with about a 3.1 are so due to kids, wife,thumper talk and trying to ride my WR atleast once a week. Studying is getting old :awww:. I'm getting my resume ready, and hoping the job market picks up around here. Good Luck with the job search. :thumbsup:

• YamahaSteve

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:51 PM

...Mechanical Engineering is nice work, but unless you own the firm, dont plan on getting rich. :thumbsup:...

Pretty much in any engineering field you will not get rich, but you will live very comfortably. There certianly will be no vacationing Monaco to watch the F1 races or anything like that though.

I have been working as a EE out of college for 6 years now and I have more than paid for my schooling many times over... btw... congrats to everyone getting thier degrees this year!! Good job again!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.