Tranny problem NEED HELP!!

5 replies to this topic
  • felix4_2_6

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:07 PM

When im balls out in 5th and only 5th my tranny is slipping. Feals like someone is pulling my clutch in and out .. Any thoughts!!!!??? Please help

felixx

• PumpkinHumper

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:09 PM

how about putting on a sprocket that isn't missing half its teeth.

Eather that or fix the slipping clutch.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: yzman400 ]

• felix4_2_6

Posted June 04, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Did i say anything about a spocket thats missing teath??? No! sprockets are fine...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hootna

Posted June 04, 2002 - 05:14 PM

It sounds like your clutch is toast, may want to pull it apart and see how it looks. Usually there isnt slipping when its a tranny, its more locking and grinding. How much time do you have on the bike???

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 04, 2002 - 05:15 PM

You're going to have to learn to recognize when you're being ribbed. Your clutch is slipping. Adjust it at the bar for fine tuning, at the crankcase for coarser tuning. If it is fully engaged 5mm before the lever is all the way out, it is adjusted fine.

If adjusted OK and still slips, the next thing is to change the oil you are running. Try some high priced four stroke motorcycle oil like the recommended Yamalube.

If it is still slipping, you will have to pull the clutch. It may need new plates.

Oh yeah, and change the clutch baffle.

Good luck,
mwc

• felix4_2_6

Posted June 04, 2002 - 06:44 PM

I have bout 70 hours on the bike but it's only 5th thats slipping and im never in 5th i will do what you guys suggest. Thanks!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.