Thanks for Fork Suggestions, now about a YZ125

No replies to this topic
  • JSTheJack

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions with the forks and the recommendation to use Mobil 1 ATF. No doubt! That sucker was plush...still need heavier fork springs, though.

Now the real dilema. I bought my son his first 2-smoke, a '92 YZ125. Yep, it's a fixer upper in every sense of the word. Anyhow, the goof that I bought it from stacked 2 fiber clutch plates together to take up slack I guess. Bike won't run with the correct number of plates. This must be a 2-stroke trick to get through the moto...or a backyard mechanic fix. So here I am.

1. The fiber plates still have grooves in them, but I don't know how thick the plats is supposed to be. Anybody know?

2. Does anybody know what the free length of the pressure plate springs should be? Right now, they're 38 mm.

Nope, I don't have the manual. And yes, I'll call some shops, but I thought I'd give you guys a stab at it.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.