what brake pads are you using?

4 replies to this topic
  • mtrablue

Posted May 19, 2004 - 05:11 PM

just wanted some opinions (reviews?) on current brake pads. the 450 has been in the mud a few times this spring and the rear pads are getting thin.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2004 - 06:13 PM

I am still trying to wear the stock ones out. Mine are still in good shape. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted May 19, 2004 - 06:55 PM

I have been really happy with stock Yamaha. They seem to wear really well and stop ya pretty good too. They are reasonably priced too.

• sabin

Posted May 19, 2004 - 10:26 PM

If you are searching long life I think stock are best. If you want top performance Carbone Lorrane are much more better! The best about CL is that the wheels do not stop rotating and you have great control over the brakes.

• Hamish

Posted May 19, 2004 - 11:02 PM

SBS sintered work well for me.
regardless of what pads you use one of 2 thingfs happen.
1) the pads wear out
2) the disc wears out
I know which one I'd prefer :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.