Anyone from the Reno, NV area?

5 replies to this topic
  • Yak

Posted June 03, 2002 - 06:20 AM

Anyone here from the Reno, NV area? If so, Id like to know what Jetting Settings you are currently using. Thanks.

• canavero

Posted June 03, 2002 - 01:39 PM

I live in Truckee and ride/race often in Reno/Moonrocks/Nightengale/etc... I have been around and around with the jetting, especially after reading this board. Here is where I eventually landed. BONE STOCK 426 2001 jetting. Stock pilot, stock main, stock needle, stock clip position. POINT - I have a thunder alley pipe w/o spark arrestor. This pipe kicks ass and requires a rich condition otherwise you'll rev out of gas.

• Yak

Posted June 03, 2002 - 01:54 PM

so perhaps I should run slightly leaner with the stock pipe? Perhaps maybe 1 clip up on the needle?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • canavero

Posted June 03, 2002 - 04:23 PM

If stock pipe I would run one step leaner on the main and then play with the airscrew. I had an FMF pwr core for a while and ran one step leaner on the main, 1 clip leaner and fiddled with the air screw. When I ran one clip position leaner with stock or thunder alley my bike would perform poorly with the throttle held steady open. Where and when are you riding in Reno?? Just visiting?

• Yak

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:59 AM

Im a Reno local. I also live just over the mountain from the stead MX track, so I practice there frequently. I can ride to it in a few minutes.

• moto428

Posted June 04, 2002 - 07:05 AM

i live in gardnerville and run stock jetting exept the pilot.im up one #45 because of the b.k. mod.i also ride at stead sometimes.maybe ill see you there.im #428.
matt

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.