Good or Bad

2 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted May 19, 2004 - 09:15 AM

So I found the other day that I had been running my '00 400 with the hot start button in the out position. During the time I was running the bike it was also not running as good as normal, I'm sure b/c it was a bit lean. Anyhow, do you think doing this could cause any long term problems?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted May 19, 2004 - 09:43 AM

In effect you were running very lean. If you only did it for a short time (like a couple of miles) I doubt it will have any long term effect. If you were to continue to run it that way most likely you would burn an exhaust valve.

• Frostbite

Posted May 19, 2004 - 10:05 AM

The hot idle circuit would affect low rpm's but the little bit of extra shouldn't affect the mixture at riding speeds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.