Factory Connection Suspension?

10 replies to this topic
  • flyinguitars

Posted June 03, 2002 - 05:35 AM

Has anybody had any work done by Factory Connection or any of the other big suspension shops? I was just about ready to take mine to a local suspension guy and but then I heard a few negative stories about his work. I have heard some good things about Factory Connection and was considering having them do a revalve, stiffer springs, and cleaning-changing fluid job to the forks and the shock. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• eddiec103

Posted June 03, 2002 - 05:46 AM

I had my suspension done by FC and i am very happy with there work.I mostly ride englishtown practice track when im not racing and it works real well there.Talk to steve and tell him where you ride and your skill level and hell hook you up the more info you give him the better it will be when you get it back. I had to fine tune it when i got it back-more compression up front-less rebound in back but you will have to set your sag and fine tune it reguardless where you get it done.It will definately make a huge difference.Any ?s let me know. Good luck.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 03, 2002 - 05:58 AM

Steve has been great to me and another riding buddy. My riding changed from last year so what I asked for and got is not what I need now. He has helped several times to get mine tuned despite beating soft woods valving into the ground on the MX track. It's helping.

Just be sure you tell them exactly what you plan to do with it.

Good luck,

• cfisher185

Posted June 03, 2002 - 06:16 AM

Fly -

If you are thinking of Jim Capitan DO NOT take your suspension there. MX-Tech is awesome, I would go there hands down. Pro Action and Factory Connection are also good choices though ...

• flyinguitars

Posted June 03, 2002 - 06:46 AM

I was going to take it to Kessler, but im having second thoughts after talking to a friend of a friend about his past experiences with his work. He said that he wasnt happy with the setup on more than one occasion and then tried factory connection and was very happy with them. On the other hand, I have heard alot of positive feedback about Kessler. I usually only ride the Chatsworth and acto tracks. I just started feeling comfortable enough to hit and clear all the jumps, but every once in a while I'll come up short or overshoot and either bottom and be rebounded off the landing or the end of the tabletop, or bottom so hard that my wrists and ankles feel like their gonna snap. Thanks for the replies so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted June 03, 2002 - 07:33 AM

A buddy swears by Factory Connection and he is fussy. I would send my stuff to them but I like the stock suspension.

• Ed_Buratti

Posted June 03, 2002 - 08:17 AM

I had both a CR500 and an XRL650 done by Factory Connection and I couldn't be happier. They TALK to you. They explained why I did or didn't want any particular setting, etc. They were very professional and knowledgeable. They'd be my choice in the future.

• aag800

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Just doing a bit of research based on recent past experience. But I would like anyone who has had there suspension "done" by Factory Connection, to remove their valve stacks and compare them to stock shim stacks. / / . Those were two lines, if you wanted to read between them.

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted June 05, 2002 - 02:03 AM

Hey flyinguitars:

I delt with Factory Connection a couple of times, and they are great!!! I would definitely recommend them..

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u ]

• Zsolt67

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:03 AM

I always had great results with FC, top notch guys up there.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:37 AM

And everyone must know Steve. His picture is beside 'customer service' in the dictionary.

Good luck,

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.