FMF exhaust

9 replies to this topic
  • YZ426man

Posted June 04, 2002 - 08:27 AM

I want to know if the fmf power core 4 and the high flow header is a good choose for a low end do to mid range pipe. if not what is better. please help thanks.

• YZ426man

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:06 PM

can some one please give me some information on this exhaust thanks.

• yz426509

Posted June 04, 2002 - 06:12 PM

I have the power core iv Q with the power bomb header. Awsome low and it just keeps pulling. I talked to a guy at the track last week who said, "If you like the Q, try the power core IV". I think i believe him because he was haulin. I switched from a White Bros R4 with WB header. The FMF set up is much better.

• AZ918MAN

Posted June 04, 2002 - 09:20 PM

dude if you want low to mid power the power core 4 with the supercross header is the way to go - gives great low and mid. also another great pipe would be the dubach pipe - whatever you choose the dubach or the fmf it will be a great choice.

• 98yz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 03:21 AM

Does FMF boast any weight savings with the power bomb and power core 4 over stock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted June 05, 2002 - 08:45 AM

#6 your pennies bro! For 14$ you can get the ELN needle and have a midrange monster..all of these pipes are pricey and you have to feel for yourself how much a needle can really do in these bikes!
Yamaha part # for the OBELN
5NL 14916-EN-00
Worth a shot before dropping some serious coin on exhaust.

• AZ918MAN

Posted June 05, 2002 - 10:29 AM

yeah they both shed a few pounds. I run the stainless steel on my practice bike and the complete Titanium on my race bike. like i said before the Dr.D pipe or the fmf pipe would be the way to go with the 426. :) :D

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 05, 2002 - 04:06 PM

I run powerbomb titanium header and powercore 4 silencer. its a great combo. It gives insane low end and it pulls all the way to the engine's rev limiter. this is by far the best all-around combinationi have tried, andbelieve me, ive tried many.

• YZ426man

Posted June 06, 2002 - 04:21 AM

is there a difference between the high flow header and the power . also what is your guys jetting.

• YZ426man

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:58 AM

what jets should i put in it and what size. thanks

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.