Looking for a front rim for XR650L

6 replies to this topic
  • Rover31

Posted May 19, 2004 - 06:19 AM

Hello all I am looking for a front rim for my XR650L. Does anyone have a spare or know of a good source?
Thanks
Travis

<><

• jlpskydive

Posted May 19, 2004 - 07:01 AM

I have seen complete wheels with hubs etc... on Ebay frequently.

• Rover31

Posted May 20, 2004 - 05:04 AM

Thanks but I see the prices they go for also, kinda like the corbin seats.

I have a great hub, spokes, and brake but I need a rim. I can't even find a supplier for the front due to the 32 spokes. any other ideas?

Thanks
Travis

<><

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoChris521

Posted May 21, 2004 - 03:09 AM

Are you sure you have 32 spokes.i just referenced my Chapparal catalog and all full sized Hondas list the same part #.(36 holes-i dont know if that includes the rim lock/vlv.stem holes?)I'm pretty sure Honda didn't make a special rim just for L's.The price listed was $99 ,and you might have to buy the Excell spoke set(although it didn't specify that)

P.S. I just went out to the garage and counted the spokes on my XRL,and yes your right,32.Then i checked the YZF and it has 36.I thought i read years ago that the L's came with CR/XR spec wheels.Oh well,maybe someone with a XR600 could chime in with his spoke count. :thumbsup:

• Rover31

Posted May 21, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Yeah I went through all of that when I started this. I haven't a clue as to why we XR650L owners are so blessed with the odd front.
Anyhow I did call Buchanan Spokes & they have what we need.
Thansk for all the advise!!! :thumbsup:
Travis

<><

• AzMtnThumper

Posted May 21, 2004 - 06:46 PM

"Oh well,maybe someone with a XR600 could chime in with his spoke count." FWIW my XR600 has 36 spokes.

• panzerpilot

Posted May 23, 2004 - 08:36 AM

i have a like new condition take off from my 02 650L.it is the 32 hole DID rim and will fit your hubs and stock spokes.Let me know if you still need it,price will be right.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.