Kick starter

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted June 02, 2002 - 07:55 PM

My bike came from the factory with the kickstarter a notch farther foward than the manual says to put it. It was very easy to start. Then I moved it to where the manual said and I think it was harder to start. I was thinking maybe it would start easier because with the kick starter more foward, the starter would have a longer kicking stroke. What do you guys think?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted June 02, 2002 - 08:40 PM

I don't mean to be facetious, but why don't you install the lever where it works best for you? The manual is a guide and not necessarily gospel. My lever is at the stock position and would change things around too much if I moved it. I went out to my garage and checked. If I moved the lever one tooth in either direction it would hit the frame at the top . . .or snag my boot at the bottom. It simply would not tuck in out of the way if I moved it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.