New handlebars 04 WR450

13 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I just bent the crap out of my handlebars and am looking for a new set that rocks the house. Does anyone know what is the best of the best? :thumbsup:

• RichBaker

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Pro Tapers.....

• endurodog

Posted May 18, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Vote 2 for Pro Tapers.

They are a little more money but in the long run very worth it!!!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 18, 2004 - 06:46 PM

too expensive! I have the renthal handlebars and love them!

• The_Missile

Posted May 19, 2004 - 02:29 AM

Protapers linked with Cycra Hand guards (The onesd which attach to the top triple clamp.
Unbreakable combo. Fit in a thick pad of hard rubber under the handlebar clamps and you have a built in vibration damper. Nice.

• RNH

Posted May 19, 2004 - 03:59 AM

Which bend ( WR Hi, WR Lo, etc ) in the Pro Tapers are about an inch higher than the stock 04 bars? Also what is the brand of the cheap rubber mounted top tripple clamp Pro Taper knock off?

Thanks

• endurodog

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:45 AM

too expensive! I have the renthal handlebars and love them

I use to bend a couple of sets of good bars like Renthals a year. I have had Protapers for 4 years now and not bent a set so in the long run Protapers have been much cheaper for me. Besides in a race or in the middle of no where unbent bars are priceless!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted May 19, 2004 - 03:04 PM

Pro Tapers. CR Hi bend is comfortable, but a little wide in the woods. Next time I go to change grips, I think I will whack 1/2" or so off the ends... :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Pro tapers are very hard to bend! :thumbsup: Worth every penny.

• trunkmonkey55

Posted May 19, 2004 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Guys, Its sounds like Pro Taper wins. Im Picking them up tomarrow. :thumbsup:

• dez4ever

Posted May 20, 2004 - 07:03 AM

Thanks Guys, Its sounds like Pro Taper wins. Im Picking them up tomarrow. :thumbsup:

FYI...if you do run Pro Tapers you will need to change the tripleclamp. Normal handlebars are 7/8" in diameter, Protapers are 1 1/8".

• endurodog

Posted May 20, 2004 - 09:01 AM

if you do run Pro Tapers you will need to change the tripleclamp

Or just get an adaptor. My 250 has a whole triple clamp, my WR I went with the adaptor. The adaptor will run you around $50 or under. The triple clamp will run you $130+

• sabin

Posted May 20, 2004 - 10:56 AM

Adapter will rise your handlbar even more, witch is good if you are tall... I think

• slr

Posted May 21, 2004 - 10:40 AM

go with renthal fatbar enduro bend no need to cut. i like them better than my pro taper doug henry bend.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.